- 4 multipurpose courts for basketball, volleyball, badminton and pickleball
- Outdoor basketball, pickleball and sand volleyball courts
- Indoor and outdoor leisure pools featuring a vortex loop, 4 lanes for lap swimming (25 yards), and zero depth entry
- Over 30,000 sq. ft. of dedicated space for fitness equipment. Additionally, the facility includes group fitness and multipurpose studios, a personal training assessment space, an elevated track and an indoor turf area
- Locker rooms on the 1st and 3rd floor including 4 single use accessible locker/changing rooms
- Three outdoor terraces with views of the campus and the outdoor pool
Open Recreation Opportunities
Available on demand when space is available.
Available Tuesday and Thursday, 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM in Belk Gym. Volleyball is also available on demand when space is available.
Available in Court 4 on demand when space is available. Please refer to the schedule outside of Court 4 for availability.
Available on Court 4 on demand when space is available. Please refer to the schedule outside of Court 4 for availability.
*Note: patrons are not permitted to setup or take down table tennis tables. Please ask a University Recreation staff member for assistance.
Available on demand when space is available. Visit the UREC Welcome Desk for more information.
Available for check-out on a first come, first served basis. Visit the UREC Welcome Desk for more information.
Available Monday, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM in the UREC Indoor Pool.
Visit our History page to learn more about the making of University Recreation Center and see a time-lapse video of the construction project!
Location & Hours
8827 Craver Rd.
Charlotte, NC 28262